Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Review: When the Dead Come A Knockin'









When the Dead Come A Knockin' by B.L. Brunnemer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Description:
My name is Alexis Delaney, and I’m your average 17-year-old girl. Except I’m a Necromancer. Which means I can see the dead, talk to them and help them move on. Well, I used to be able to. Someone has sealed the Veil. Now the dead are stuck here. And with the extra energy floating around town, the ghosts are getting stronger.

It’s been two months since I came to Spring Mountain to live with Uncle Rory. And the guys, my five best friends, have done everything they can to help since. Things for once were almost normal, my issues with the dead had become routine. Until they all found girlfriends. Now I’m back to hiding everything again. With ghosts leaving their haunting grounds at will, new people asking questions and trying to build my link to the Veil, I don’t know how the hell I’m going to pull this one off. But it can’t get that bad, right?
 
Review:
So much heart and soul!
Gosh, not even sure where to start. I love Lexi! She's real not some paper character. The author does such a great job at creating depth in her characters. That alone makes the series worth reading. But I love the ghostly part of the plot too. Slow revelations that send small shocks and not just one plot twists. Things unravel at a great pace and you want to keep reading. Not because of a cliffhanger, but just to read more of Lexi's story. And the guys... well, between Zeke, Asher, Ethan, Isaac, and Miles... why should she have to choose? Miles really unfolded and is currently my favorite book boyfriend! Asher comes in a close second. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that you should not miss this young adult paranormal romance series. It's all that and a bag of chips. Ten glittery stars so I guess that has to round down to five glittery stars! Looking forward to the next book! ❤️
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment