Thursday, July 21, 2016

Review of The Howling Heart by April Bostick

Paige Donovan is an ambitious college graduate who aspires to reach the top of the corporate ladder. She’s climbing fast when given the promotion of a lifetime at a prestigious fashion magazine in New York City. Her bright future comes to an unexpected halt after news of her father’s death. She inherits his old cabin in the Colorado Rockies, and just when she thinks her luck couldn’t get any worse, she has a car accident in the mountains and awakens in the small, remote community of Black River.

Soon, she’s engulfed in the mystical world of Varulv---wolves descended from 13th century Scandinavia and blessed by Norse gods with the ability to appear human. Paige is desperate to return home, but never expects to fall for her rescuer, Riley Gray, a charming young werewolf from England who offers her an alternate future with his pack.

Now, she must choose between the career she’s always wanted and the love she’s always dreamed.
 

Check it out on Goodreads 

Review:
For the most part, this book was very enjoyable. I love shifter stories, especially shifter romances. Paige was a fun character. I loved following her journey.
The concept was solid. I was intrigued enough to keep turning the pages. Quinn was a great character as well. I loved her sass, strength, and loyalty.
I only have two complaints of this story and that is why I deducted a star. 
1. Riley. He is the love interest for Paige. I'm okay with vulnerable guys, but he was a head case it felt like. One minute he's aggressive, and the next, he's sobbing and begging Paige. it makes him come across as a weak character. The author tries to redeem him about halfway, but I already had my impression made. 
2. The ending. It felt very unrealistic, materialistic, and unfair. That's all I can say about that.
Overall, despite its problems, I did like the story. This book gets four glittery stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment