Sunday, September 27, 2015

Sunday Swoon #15- Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers


Today, I get to share a few snippets from a book I love! no spoilers!




I just finished listening to the audiobook of the third and final book in this trilogy. I love Frannie, and I can't decide if I'm on team Gabriel or team Luc!!! Too much sexy there!
 Both Heaven and Hell are chasing after Frannie, and she's relying on Angels, Demons, Fallen Angels, and humans with unique abilities. 


Blurb

Frannie Cavanaugh is a good Catholic girl with a bit of a wicked streak. She has spent years keeping everyone at a distance---even her closest friends---and it seems as if her senior year is going to be more of the same . . . until Luc Cain enrolls in her class. No one knows where he came from, but Frannie can't seem to stay away from him. 
What she doesn't know is that Luc is on a mission. He's been sent from Hell itself to claim Frannie's soul. It should be easy---all he has to do is get her to sin, and Luc is as tempting as they come. Frannie doesn't stand a chance. But he has to work fast, because if the infernals are after her, the celestials can't be far behind. And sure enough, it's not long before the angel Gabriel shows up, willing to do anything to keep Luc from getting what he came for. It isn't long before they find themselves fighting for more than just Frannie's soul. 
But if Luc fails, there will be Hell to pay . . . for all of them.



Teasers

“But his eyes say what he can’t. I see it, clear as day, even if she doesn’t. He’d give up his wings for her. All she’d have to do is ask.” 
― Lisa DesrochersPersonal Demons



“I try to pretend his shoulder touching mine isn’t causing totally unrelated parts of me to tingle.”—Frannie Cavanaugh (p. 118)” 
― Lisa DesrochersPersonal Demons



“She gets to the bottom of the stairs, and I lift her off the ground and kiss her. As I lower her back to her feet she says, ‘Mmm, nice. That’s gonna score you some points with the parents.’ I look into the stands and see her parents standing there, slack-jawed, Dad with a camera perched, forgotten, in his hand. And Grandpa is laughing. ‘So what’s the plan?’ ‘I’m working on it. But I’m pretty sure it doesn’t include molesting me in front of them.” 
― Lisa DesrochersPersonal Demons



“I know exactly what to do with him. I've been practicing in my dreams." Frannie Pg.76” 
― Lisa DesrochersPersonal Demons



Bonus!!! Here is an interview from Author Andrea Cremer with Luc and Gabe!!!

(You can find the interview on Andrea's blog here)

I'm thrilled to have two of the book's stars - Luc (a demon) and Gabe (an angel) - stopping by for an interview today.
Me (looks at Luc and Gabe, fans self): Ummmm, is it getting hot in here?
Gabe (jerks thumb at Luc): You’ll have to take that up with him.

Me (coughs, hurrying to change the subject): So, guys, the holidays are coming up – what’s on your wish list this year?
Luc (smirks): Frannie, over easy.
Gabe (rolls eyes): There’s the Christmas spirit. (smiles at Andrea) It’d be horribly cliché to say peace on Earth and goodwill toward man, wouldn’t it? So, I’ll just settle for Frannie’s soul.
Luc (glares at Gabe): Shouldn’t you be impaled on the top of someone’s Christmas tree?

Me (beaming at Gabe, too nervous to sneak a glance at Luc): Time to be nice - Luc, I know you’re going to hate this – what’s one trait you admire in each other?
Luc (raises eyebrow at Andrea): Seriously?
Gabe: You’re complaining?
Luc: I am.
Gabe: I’ll start. Luc is…creative.
Luc (barks out a laugh): That’s the best you could do?
Gabe: It’s better than “seriously?
Luc (looks back at Andrea): See what I have to put up with? Okay. Give me a second… Gabe is…bright.
Gabe (throws up hands): You admire my brightness?
Luc (shoots a glare at Gabe): What do you want from me?
Gabe: I guess a reasonable answer is too much to hope for?
Luc (slumps in chair): Fine. He’s loyal, I suppose.
Gabe (nods): And Luc is courageous…when he wants to be.

Me: Okay...I guess we’ll give naughty a spin too. What have you done lately that might make Santa skip your house?
Gabe: Can I plead the fifth?
Luc (smiles at Andrea): I’ll give you his list. He’s been up to all kinds of very questionable angelic conquests, such as trying to get into Frannie’s—
Gabe (holds up hand): Whoa, there, brimstone-breath. I have done absolutely nothing outside my scope as a Dominion.
Luc: Except kissing Frannie.
Gabe: How do you know about that?
Luc: She told me.
Gabe (shifts in seat) (looks at Andrea): He, on the other hand, would have a much easier time answering the question: Have you done anything in all your pathetic existence to redeem your sorry demonic butt?
Luc (crosses arms): I have.
Gabe: Such as?
Luc: I can’t see how that’s any of your business, and this isn’t your interview. (Turns to Andrea) Santa has plenty of reasons to skip my house and I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Me (tries not to blush while Luc keeps looking my way): Uh...moving along...since I love philosophy, let’s wax thoughtful for a moment. We’ll be seeing you again soon in a book titled, Original Sin. What’s your take on that concept?
Luc: Depending on which belief system you buy into, original sin can be interpreted in any number of different ways, all of which work for me. Whether you look at it as the specific sin of Adam and Eve that lead to the fall of man, or the more Catholic doctrine that it’s the general state of sin that all men are born into, it means that man will always sin and I will always benefit. 
Gabe: No. It means that sometimes man sins—
Luc (smirking): And so do angels.
Gabe (shaking head): The concept of original sin is founded in Christian doctrine. In reality, it’s not nearly as cut and dry as organized religion would like to make it seem. Man has free will. What that means is they are free to make their own choices. There are temptations—
Luc (grinning): Tell me about it…
Gabe (glaring at Luc): and sometimes man falls prey to them. In the end, a man’s conscience is going to dictate how he deals with those temptations, but I don’t buy that man, in his true essence, is born to sin.
Luc (leans forward and smiles wickedly): How about you, Andrea? Up for a little original sin?

Me (holds Luc's gaze for a moment, stands up, bolts because I'd prefer to hang on to my soul) (calls over shoulder): Thanks for stopping by you guys! Merry Christmas!!! 

Other books in the trilogy:



Book Trailers for Personal Demons!

Gabe
https://youtu.be/HeOEcl8z-HU

Luc
https://youtu.be/9_Rr0Hhv95I

Frannie
https://youtu.be/A-7ZKmJbY7g


What are you reading?

What book do you love?


No comments:

Post a Comment