Sunday, August 2, 2015

Sunday Swoon #10


Today, I get to share a few snippets from a book I love! no spoilers!

I chose Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger. I was super surprised by how much I liked this book! It was interesting and supernatural and romantic. I highly recommend it!


Blurb

Vane Weston should have died in the category-five tornado that killed his parents. Instead, he woke up in a pile of rubble with no memories of his past - except one: a beautiful, dark-haired girl standing in the winds. She swept through his dreams ever since, and he clings to the hope that she's real.

Audra is real, but she isn't human. She's a sylph, an air elemental who can walk on the wind, translate its alluring songs, even twist it into a weapon. She's also a guardian - Vane's guardian - and has sworn an oath to protect him at all costs.

When a hasty mistake reveals their location to the enemy who murdered both their families, Audra has just days to help Vane unlock his memories. And as the storm winds gather, Audra and Vane start to realize that the greatest danger might not be the warriors coming to destroy them, but the forbidden romance growing between them.




Teasers

“You deserve to be happy," he whispers. "No matter what you think or what you did. you deserve to be happy.”
Shannon Messenger, Let the Sky Fall

   

“We were two broken, incomplete people. Now we're one. No one will ever understand me the way she will. No one will ever understand her the way I will.”
Shannon Messenger, Let the Sky Fall   



"Screw the oath." I lean in until I feel her breath against my face, then I stop. I don't want to rush her. "You've done enough for them. You're protecting me. Who cares about the rest?"

"I do." She closes her eyes,and her jaw quivers. "I swore to get you safely through this-and I will. And then you'll return with the Gales and meet your betrothed."

"They can take their betrothal and shove it. I want you."

Audra and Vane

Shannon Messenger, Let the Sky Fall  



“Parents: Perfecting ways to humiliate their children since the dawn of time.”
Shannon Messenger, Let the Sky Fall  



“Stepping into a tornado screams This is the dumbest thing you will ever do.”
Shannon Messenger, Let the Sky Fall  
 
 




What are you reading?

What book do you love?


No comments:

Post a Comment