Sunday, November 17, 2013

Teaser Sunday #8



Welcome to teaser Sunday!!! Each week, I will post a teaser from one of my current releases or a work in progress. Stay tuned and enjoy!

Here is a peek inside Noel's world from Dreamwalker

Persephone's League of Immortals Book One

I opened my eyes to find myself in a place as far from my own imagination as I could be.
My eyes widened with panic. I was in a cold white room, bright with natural light from above but frigid to the point of refrigeration. There were handprints in blood on the wall that smeared down to a body. The alarm in my head was buzzing loudly and my heart skipped a beat.
I tried to steady myself and walked slowly toward the body crumpled face down on the floor. Moving closer and trying to look past the bloody exterior, I noticed it was a woman.
Sheer terror enveloped me as I recognized the blond hair even through the blood-stained locks. Quicker now, still shaking, I bent down and gently rolled over the woman.
Tears began to fill my eyes and rolled without reserve as I stared down at Autumn. My best friend, crumpled on the floor, bloody and battered. With a last shred of hope, I bent down to check her pulse. The absence of a heart-beat told me she was dead and grief filled my entire being.
I dropped to the ground, the tears flowing faster now. This was all too much to process. Autumn was my sister in many ways and I didn’t think I could live without her.
Now, I wished these dreams had never happened. Meeting Jared didn’t matter if I didn’t have Autumn. Family always came first.
Trying to push aside the shock, I refocused on my surroundings. I had to get out of here. If a person could kill someone as sweet as Autumn then my chances of survival were slim. Taking another deep breath to steady myself, I began to look for a way out.
Running my hands along the wall, I vaguely noticed the blood stains I was leaving behind. Terror crackled through me as I found a panel on the wall that opened to some sort of keypad. I didn’t have a clue what the code to get out was.
Defeated, I slumped back down to the floor and sobbed uncontrollably. As I wiped my tears away, the smears of blood and tears on my hands startled me. That was when I took in my own image and the real horror set in-I was covered in blood and it didn’t appear to be my own.
As I was flooded with true terror pumping sheer ice through my veins, I realized that I was the one who murdered Autumn. My eyes widened in revulsion and I frantically searched the room again for escape.



No comments:

Post a Comment