Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Matter of Truth by Heather Lyons review



Not long ago, Chloe Lilywhite seemingly had it all: a prized spot on the Magicals’ Council as lead Creator, a loving fiancé and Connection, and a wealth of good friends. But the poised young woman she projected was nothing more than a façade. Her parents all but disowned her. Power plays and accusations of murder within the Council rocked her confidence. And most difficult of all, her secret, a secondary Connection to Jonah’s twin brother, Kellan, became painfully impossible to resist. Desperate to gain control over her rapidly unraveling existence, Chloe did the unthinkable: she ran away.

Now living and working in Alaska under an alias, Chloe is slowly discovering who she is and, more importantly, who she wants to be. But the more she tries to leave the Magical world behind, the harder it becomes to stay hidden. The Elders are back with a vengeance, and the stakes have never been higher. Chloe finally has to make a choice: embrace her pre-ordained Fate or pave her own way in the worlds. One thing’s for sure, though—she’s finally up for the challenge.

*This is a New Adult title, suitable for readers 18+.

 

Teaser:

I lean back into the heated leather seats of his truck and stare at the sign Will taped on the dashboard a couple of weeks ago as a joke, when Ginny kept complaining she never got to ride shotgun anymore. _Zoe’s spot. Not for sale._ He flips through the radio stations until he finds a country song he likes. “Stay over tonight?”

Relief fills me up. It’s exactly what I hoped he’d ask, even though I’ve been the one stubborn about moving in already. “Yep.”

His lopsided grin flashes at me as he sings along to the song playing. I join in, and the urge to laugh has never been so strong in months. We sound ridiculous—neither of us are naturally talented singers. But together? We take awful to a whole other level, and it’s glorious.

Will is my drug of choice nowadays. I’m utterly addicted.

 

 

Review:

I LOVED this book! This month has been full of great books for me and this was definitely one of them. I was heartbroken with the way the last book ended. (No spoilers, I promise!)
Chloe is such an interesting character, you can't help but fall in love with her. She has to make grown up choices that no new adult should have to make. I admire her compassion in these books.
There were old characters as well as some awesome new additions in this installment. I actually think this one might be my favorite of all of them.
Then there are the guys, *sigh*. I heart Jonah and Kellan. I'm team Jonah all the way.
If you haven't read this series, start with A Matter of Fate. You will fall for the series just like I did. This book is hands down getting five glittery stars from me.


 Playlist:

 

 A Matter of Heart (spoiler version)


Other books in the series:



Connect with Heather on Goodreads

Heather's website



No comments:

Post a Comment