Friday, September 20, 2013

Review of the Spellbound series by Nikki Jefford





Description:

Two months after dying, seventeen-year-old witch Graylee Perez wakes up in her twin sister Charlene’s body.

Until Gray finds a way back inside her own body, she’s stuck being Charlene every twenty-hour hours. Her sister has left precise instructions on how Gray should dress and behave. Looking like a prep isn’t half as bad as hanging out with Charlene’s snotty friends and gropey boyfriend.

The “normals” of McKinley High might be quick to write her behavior off as post-traumatic stress, but warlock Raj McKenna is the only person who suspects Gray has returned from the dead.

Now Gray has to solve the mystery of her death and resurrection and disentangle herself from Charlene’s body before she disappears for good.

***Entangled is a young adult paranormal fantasy romance suitable for ages 15 and up.***

Review:

This book was really original.  I enjoyed it immensely.  The storyline was well plotted and I loved the twisted and turns it took.  The characters faced a lot and I found myself wanting more.

I loved Graylee.  She's an awesome main character.  The fact that she's dead makes it even more of a creative story.  The author used her characters to propel the story forward.  I had such a love hate relationship with the characters.  I hated Charlene but loved Raj. 

The magic in the book wasn't long and drawn out.  I find it get's boring after watching the characters go through rituals in depth.  This book was right to the point and the magic was instant.  

I have to recommend this book!  It was a great read for any age.  This book gets five stars for it's pure awesomeness!!!!

 






Description:

If Graylee Perez thought sharing a body with her twin sister was bad, dealing with a duplicate of herself is two times worse. Gray the second doesn't seem to get that Lee's boyfriend, Raj, is off limits. Then there's the problem of Adrian. He expects one of the Graylees to be his.

Nearly a year later, the council is on to them for past misdeeds; Lee, along with the rest of the coven, has lost control of her powers; and Gray is being stalked by what looks like the Grim Reaper.

If the two Grays work together, they may stand a chance of setting things right and making it out alive.
 

Review:

 Nikki Jefford has done it again.  This was a great follow-up to Entangled.  The concept was yet again exceptionally original.  I was glued to the electronic pages and hardly came up for anything.

Jefford just has a way with creating rich characters.  I found myself loving parts of each characters for so many different reasons.  Overall though, I enjoyed the two Graylee's relationship the most.  Writing a dual character is complex and Jefford pulled it off with flying colors.

I'm dying to read Enchantment.  I HAVE to know what happens next.  Adrian intrigues me.  He's bad, yet I think there is something more to him.  I will definitely be continuing the series.

If you haven't read either of these books, read Enchantment today!  You will love it, I promise.  I'm giving this sequel five stars for creativity and colorful characters :)










Description:

Barcelona. Summer escape. Or so Graylee Perez thought until her old adversary, Adrian Montez, brings his magic show to Spain.

Gray seeks out a Spanish wizard to help banish Adrian from her life once and for all. Instead, she tumbles headfirst into a love spell with the arrogant warlock.

After Gray follows Adrian to Paris, she must face her true feelings and decide if Adrian’s worth fighting for.

Review:

 I really enjoyed this series.  It was creative and full of adventure.  This particular installment wasn't my favorite book, but it tied up the story well.
I'm not a fan of Charlene and am still not.  I could never connect with her character.  She just came off as snotty and self centered to me.  I'm sure that's what the author was going for, but I had no sympathy for her at all.
Graylee on the other hand, was a great character.  I was really happy that the last book focused on her and giving her some closure in the storyline.
This book explains some of the back story for Adrian and gave me a chance to figure his character out.  The author actually makes him human and less villain. He was an interesting twist in this book.
Overall, while this wasn't my favorite book in the series, I still enjoyed it.  It was a great book that crossed over the YA to the NA line.  This final book gets four glittery stars for being an original read!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment