Monday, July 29, 2013

Review of the Immortals by Ednah Walters


Description:

Nothing can stop Raine Cooper when she wants something…
Raine finally knows that her gorgeous neighbor, Torin St. James, is a legend straight out of Norse mythology, and that her feelings for him are strong. Torin is crazy about Raine too, breaking the one rule he lives by: Never fall for a mortal. The problem is he no longer remembers her, his memories erased by Norns—Norse destiny deities—to punish her for defying them.

So Raine comes up with a plan...
She will make Torin forget his one rule a second time and fall in love with her all over again.
But she quickly learns that well-laid plans do not work when dealing with deities and supernatural beings. Desperate, Raine makes choices that could not only tear her and Torin further apart, but lead to the destruction of everything and everyone she loves.

Review:

This was a great addition to the series.  When Runes ended, my jaw dropped and tears filled my eyes. I couldn't believe such an awesome book ended the way it did.  In truth, it made me that much more excited for book two.  I HAD to know what was going to happen next.
I really liked the characters.  Torin is just freaking hot and the epitome of bad boys.  Who wouldn't want to be loved by a guy like Torin? I also enjoyed getting to know Erik more.  There's so much more to him and he suddenly became very interesting. Cora has never been my favorite character, but I still felt for her in this book.
The plot was interesting and engaging.  I liked the complexity the story has taken on.  There is no way I would miss reading the next installment of this series.  This is a great paranormal romance and I have to give this book and series five glittery stars for it's pure fabulousness!




First book in the series:

Description:

Seventeen-year-old Raine Cooper has enough on her plate dealing with her father’s disappearance, her mother’s erratic behavior and the possibility of her boyfriend relocating. The last thing she needs is Torin St. James—a mysterious new neighbor with a wicked smile and uncanny way of reading her.

Raine is drawn to Torin’s dark sexiness against her better judgment, until he saves her life with weird marks and she realizes he is different. But by healing her, Torin changes something inside Raine. Now she can’t stop thinking about him. Half the time, she’s not sure whether to fall into his arms or run.

Scared, she sets out to find out what Torin is. But the closer she gets to the truth the more she uncovers something sinister about Torin. What Torin is goes back to an ancient mythology and Raine is somehow part of it. Not only are she and her friends in danger, she must choose a side, but the wrong choice will cost Raine her life.


Review:

This book started off a little rocky for me. I didn't like the first 15 pages maybe? But, I'm glad I stuck with it, because the book was great!
I still never warmed up to Raine's best friend, but that didn't diminish the story in any way. The storyline was crafty and well written.
Raine has to choose between the sexy boy next door that she has amazing chemistry with and her best guy friend, Eirik. I felt like she was a little selfish holding onto Eirik, but I forgive her eventually :)
Torin St. James. I need to devote a whole paragraph to how awesome he is! He's sexy, full of snark, and an amazing person under his intense exterior. I rooted for him the whole book and was pissed when he went away. He came back, but I still wasn't too happy.
I'm glad there is a sequel, because I was left with a lot of questions. Her family, Torrin, Eirik, and herself were all left with a big ? behind them. I'm dying to find out what is going to happen in the second book, Immortals.
Overall, this book was a good start of what could be an awesome series. I can't wait to see what Ednah has in store for us in book 2. This book gets four glittery stars for it's intriguing series debut!









1 comment:

  1. Happy you liked Runes and thanks for participating in the tour.Don't forget to post your review on Amazon...

    hugs

    ReplyDelete