Friday, March 29, 2013

Review of the One Black Rose series by Maddie Edwards

Description:

Sixteen-year-old Autumn goes to stay with her friend Carley in Castleton, Maine, for the summer. All she’s expecting is a normal couple of months hanging out at the beach with friends. Nothing out of the ordinary was supposed to happen.

But as soon as she arrives she meets Holt Roth. Holt is unlike anyone she’s ever met before – and her reaction to him is even more unexpected.

Then she meets his friend, Samuel Cheshire. If her reaction to Holt was strong, her reaction to Samuel is shocking. The only problem is that he seems to hate her for no reason at all.

Not being able to choose between two guys is only the beginning of Autumn’s problems, because both Samuel and Holt are Fairy Princes, and Autumn is caught between her own desires and the Fairy Courts, who might cause her immeasurable pain if she makes the wrong choice.


Review: 

I'm not a huge fairy fan, but I LOVED this book.  I'm a sucker for a great love triangle I guess!  Poor Autumn never had a chance with Samuel and Holt around.  From the moment she stepped of the plane in Maine, she was destined for a new life.

I wasn't a huge Carley fan, she was selfish and petulant.  I did admire Nick's persistence at trying to win her affections though.  Lydia and Leslie were great characters, and I could imagine them as if they were in the room with me.  They give me the chills..ha ha.

Autumn is thrown head first into a new world where she is torn between duty and love.  One wrong choice could lead to the fate of the all the fairies.  It doesn't help that Samuel and Holt are both sexy as all heck!

This was a great paranormal romance and I loved it.  For a YA fairy book, it rates five glittery stars in my book!

Buy it here on Amazon




Description:

Autumn hasn’t even begun to deal with the fallout from the Solstice Party when she is dealt another blow, courtesy of the one person she is starting to trust above all others: Holt Roth himself.

Now she’s left to enjoy the rest of her summer on her own. Alone, that is, until something sinister washes up on the shores of Castleton. Autumn doesn’t know what’s going on, but it soon becomes clear that her life is in danger and the Fairies, led by Samuel, will have to come together to help her, whether she likes it or not.










Review:

Amazing fruit!  I didn't think this series could get any better, but then it does.  She's so set on Holt, yet she can't hide the feelings she's getting with Samuel around.  I read impatiently hoping for a choice, but not sure who I liked better.

Then Holt goes and does something unthinkable and Autumn is left with Samuel to pick up the pieces.  She's in danger and only the fairies can keep her safe.

The fairies fight dirty and it was intriguing to read how devious they were.  This book was full of twists and turns all the way to the last page.  I couldn't wait to read the third in the series, just to see what happened.

I highly recommend this awesome series for anyone who loves a great YA paranormal romance.  It was stellar in my book and I give it five glittery stars!


Buy it here on Amazon







Description:

As summer trickles into fall, Autumn is forced to confront the choices that she and Holt have made - or been forced to make. Now they must stand together to face the forces that are trying to tear them apart. Against family opposition, imprisonment, and physical danger, their bond will be tested.

Will Samuel stand next to her through everything?

Will she and Holt come through unscathed, or will they be ripped apart forever? And how will the opposition of Mrs. Cheshire and Logan Roth play out?

Autumn, Holt, and Samuel will face their biggest test yet. And Autumn will finally have her Rose.






Review:

Loved it!  The action started from the first page and didn't let go until the very last page.  I was so absorbed in this book that I barely came up for air.  I devoured it in a half a day.  

There was so much more going on in this book than the previous ones.  The fairies become an integural part of the story and their real life is revealed.  

Again, Susan and Samuel are a great support system in this book.  Autumn grows closer to them every day.  She was trying to do everything the Supreme Council told her too, but people kept meddling.  

I cried so much in this third book.  It was gripping.  More than ever, I loved the series and wish Autumns story didn't end with this book. 

I can't wait to read Susan's story in book four though.  This book deserves it's five glittery stars for a mind blowing read.  Check the series out ASAP!

Buy it here on Amazon 





Description:


Step back into the world of winter and summer fairies!

In the fourth book in the One Black Rose series, Holt's cousin Susan must come to terms with the loss of someone she loves and try to forge her own path, but she will always be a member of the Roth Court and when Logan goes missing, Susan is forced to make some difficult decisions.

She meets the charming and elusive prince of Arsenal, Seth. Caught in his spell, Susan must decide if she is going to continue on her personal quest, or if everything she is looking for is already right in front of her.








Review:

At first I was disappointed.  Autumn's story was over and the series was continuing on with Susan.  I liked Susan well enough in the previous books, I just wasn't ready for the shift in the POV.  That changed quickly though.

About the time that the bar fight broke out and Susan and Mae wake up in a mysterious place, I was glued to the pages.  The mystery quickly overtook me and I loved the book!

Once I got into it, I began to see the love triangle, even though there never really was one.  I love tortured love.  It makes for a juicy read.  Seth and Teegan seemed like swoon worthy fairies:)

I liked the spiritual journey that Susan went through in this book.  She also had a great best friend, which we all could use in a time of need.  She was a very lucky fairy.

I can't believe there will be a fifth book!  I'm not complaining, it's a great series.  Now I have to wait..argh!  I'm dying to know what is going to happen with all the trouble brewing.

This book was fascinating as was all the others in this series.  I have to give this one five glittery stars too, it was just too fabulous!

Buy it here on Amazon 



No comments:

Post a Comment