Sunday, March 24, 2013

Indie-Licous Blog Hop #6




We here at Indie-Licious love blog hops. We love them so much that we host one once a week on Sundays.

Sign ups are from 6:00 pm Tuesdays through 11:59 pm Saturday, EST. Just enter your info into the Linky List.

We only ask that you post teasers no longer than a paragraph. Anything longer than this will make it difficult for everyone to read and comment on your entry.

Have fun!






















Here is a snippet from my book Dancing with Deception, out next month!  I hope you enjoy it!  (This is unedited.)



After taking my seat, I pulled my book out with every intention of following along with the lecture.  Unfortunately, I must not have had enough coffee this morning.  My eyes kept closing and soon I was drifting out of the present and into my dreams.  Well, that was a bit hasty to imply.  I was quickly gripped with horror.  I was disoriented and it was dark. 
I didn’t stay under long, because I felt a sharp pain in my chest and let out a startled scream.  It not only woke me up, but the entire class turned around, exorcist style to ogle at me.  I felt like a total freak once I gained my bearings.
“Sorry,” was all I could mumble.  There wasn’t any excuse that I could come up with to make sense of that scenario.  

Even better than this teaser?  This book will be free and is the prequel novella to Dancing with Death!


 




6 comments:

  1. Yikes! Exorcist style! I love this book's cover. You have so many coming out this year. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a tease, Andrea! I'm curious about her dreams and what usually happens. How uncomfortable for her. Got to know more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God. Totally reminds me of that scene in the original Nightmare on Elm Street (circa 1983-1984) when Nancy is sleeping in class and she wakes up screaming and everyone just turns to stare at her. Great excerpt but freaky as all get out. ;-)

    Elle C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks great! Totally can't wait to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete