Sunday, July 15, 2012

Review of Talented by Sophie Davis




















Description:

Talia Lyons is Talented. Born after a nuclear spill, she is part of a new generation that possesses special abilities; Talia can read the minds of others and manipulate their thoughts. Whether Morphers, Light Manipulators or Telekinetics, the Talented are taught to control their abilities under the protective eye of the government- to use their Talents for good. But all Talia wants is revenge.

Talia joins the Hunters, an elite group of government operatives, hoping to one day kill Ian Crane - the man who ordered the execution of her parents. Ever since she witnessed their brutal deaths, Talia has spent her life honing her abilities, determined to settle the score. But she still has a lot to learn before she can ease the pain inside. Talia turns to a boy who can mimic her Talents, a boy who truly understands her inner turmoil. But even he can’t help Talia, when she’s forced to choose between saving herself and avenging the lives of her parents.

Talented is an action-packed adventure, about a group of teenagers who aren't afraid to embrace their fears and fight for what they believe in.

 
Review:

I will be the first to admit, I am not really a huge fan of dystopian style books.  I actually won this book on a blog giveaway and thank goodness!  It was flippin awesome!

The story had great character development.  I loved Erik.  His character was so flawed but clearly a bad boy with a soft spot for Talia.  Henri added a great dynamic to the group and kept it from being too intense.

This is another book about a supernatural school, but it was done with little focus on school like activities and more about the missions the teams went on.  The story kept me in suspense from mission to mission.

The first chunk of the story focused on explaining everything, but still kept me interested.  Then once the author got into the meat of the story, I became glued.  The book had its' hooks in me for sure.  The last part of it brought the story together and was filled with action.

I was not thrilled by the epilogue, but something had to give, right?  The story left a lot of loose ends and the epilogue was told by Donovan's P.O.V.

I guess that was the point, because I promptly went to Amazon and purchased book 2 (Caged) in the series.  I can't wait to find out what happens to Talia and her friends in the next book!!  Check Talented out, you will love it!  I give this great YA dystopian read five glitter stars!!!






2 comments:

  1. I've been hearing a lot of raving reviews for this recently! Dystopian is not my favourite genre, but this one really sounds too good to be missed :)

    I love bad boys with soft spots and plots with lots of action and suspense!

    Lovely lovely review, I'll have to read this!

    New follower for sure *grins* Would love to see you around my blog some time too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea. Great review. It's really awesome how a book can keep you interested and asking for more.

    It's the same with me. I don't read a lot of Dystopian-style books but this sure is appealing to me. Will check it out.

    Andrea, thanks for visiting my blog. I am actually a follower already :D

    ReplyDelete