Friday, July 6, 2012

Review of Broken by C.K. Bryant




















Description:

With Kira injured and dying, Octavion's last hope is to plead with the king of Panthera for a cure. But King Ramla's magic isn't free. The price he asks Octavion to pay goes against everything he's fought so hard to protect and could destroy his bond with Kira. Will Octavion trade his crown and swear allegiance to a kingdom feared by all, or will he sacrifice the woman he loves to remain faithful to his father and Xantara? Find out when BROKEN takes you on a journey into the savage and unpredictable world of Ophira.
 
Review:

Before I read Broken, I had the pleasure of reading Bound.  Bound is the first book in The Crystor Series.  I loved Bound and was beyond thrilled when I found out the adventure would continue in Broken.

This book takes place in another world and Earth is left behind.  I was a little unsure at first because I am more of an urban fantasy fan.  I like a little fantasy in my real life, not a whole world of fantasy.  I have to admit, this book was amazing and I was engrossed in it for the better part of a day.

Kira and Octavion made such a great couple, full of normal insecurities in a blooming relationship.  I enjoyed seeing it from Octavion's point of view, even though I wasn't sure I would.  Lydia isn't present in this book and for that I was a little bummed.  Alteria was present for a short while though.

The author did such a great job pulling images from your imagination with her descriptive writing.  I felt like I was there in Xantara.  New friends were introduced, adding to a web of complex characters.  I liked that intricacy she weaved.

I have finished both Bound and Broken with a frenzy.  Now I am hoping for a third book in a speedy like fashion.  I am dying to find out what happened.

If you like fantasy with some romance, then this series is for you.  I highly recommend it, Bound and Broken are a great start to a new series.






2 comments:

  1. What a great review! Thanks Andrea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait 4 the third book loved bound and broken please hurry :)))

    ReplyDelete