Saturday, June 9, 2012

Review of Easy by Tammara Webber



















Description:

When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she’s single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, stalked by her ex’s frat brother, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Her econ professor gives her an email address for Landon, the class tutor, who shows her that she’s still the same intelligent girl she’s always been. As Jacqueline becomes interested in more from her tutor than a better grade, his teasing responses make the feeling seem mutual. There’s just one problem—their only interactions are through email.

Meanwhile, a guy in her econ class proves his worth the first night she meets him. Nothing like her popular ex or her brainy tutor, Lucas sits on the back row, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. At a downtown club, he disappears after several dances that leave her on fire. When he asks if he can sketch her, alone in her room, she agrees—hoping for more.

Then Jacqueline discovers a withheld connection between her supportive tutor and her seductive classmate, her ex comes back into the picture, and her stalker escalates his attention by spreading rumors that they’ve hooked up. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.


Review:
 
I was pleasantly surprised by this book.  It was really good.  The author told a romantic yet heartbreaking story that had me tearing through the pages as a breakneck pace.  I liked how clear cut Jaqueline was throughout the story.  She never once wavered too far from her decisions despite what went on around her.  It gave her an admirable quality.

The whole time I spent trying to unravel the mystery that was LM, I found my mind running away with me.  The author did not disappoint.  The story had romance, heartbreak, tragedy and flare.  I highly recommend this story for anyone college aged or above (due to graphic situations).

I will be anxious to read Tamarra Webber's other series Between the Lines, if it is half as good as this story.

Buy it here on Amazon


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't imagine what I would do if I was in her situation! This book sounds really good, thanks for sharing!

    -Laura
    What's Hot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, I would be so pissed off too!! Sounds intriguing, I might check it out for my next read!! Always on the look out!!!
    BTW, I saw you're a Biology nerd too !!lol
    You might like my blog then sciencesosexy.blogspot.com (new follower from BSN)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book has been compared to Beautiful Disaster by some of my reader friends. This comparison does a disservice to this book. Easy is better than Beautiful Disaster. So, so, so much better.

    I love Jacqueline. She is strong and intelligent and exhibits more than a little bit of backbone. She has a great deal of self-confidence, but even more importantly, she treats herself as though she is a worthy person. She is saddened by the break up of a long term relationship, and is appropriately emotive, but never does she devolve into a caricature of a heroine who wallows in self-pity by collapsing into a mass of self-indulgent drama. Fiction could use a lot more Jacquelines.

    The romance is sweet and unfolds naturally. Lucas is a genuinely likeable guy, who treats Jacqueline with respect as their relationship develops. He is the kind of guy that, if you are the mother of a teenaged girl, you hope your daughter will meet when she gets to college. Hardworking, intelligent, unentitled, compassionate, and strong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say I loved both this book and Beautiful Disaster!!! I love a great college romance:*)

    ReplyDelete